- Our website (northviewchurch.us)
- Church-related emails, texts and other electronic messages between you and this website
- Mobile applications downloaded from this website
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
You have complete control over your personal information. In general, you can visit our web site without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where we must have your personal information in order for us to grant you an access to our protected and secured sites. Our web server also automatically recognizes the domain of each visitor to our website, which collects the date and time of each visit, the IP address and referring site. We collect this same information, as well as the email addresses and names of people who choose to provide them, email addresses of those who communicate with us via email and information volunteered by users, such as site registrations and survey information.
We do not collect personal information about you, except when you volunteer to provide it to us. This may occur through the use of site registrations, surveys or through online giving. The information may include your first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, age group, birthday, gender and other preferences. The types of personal information we collect varies depending on your use of our website features. If you register for an event on the website or opt-in to receive emails and/or other communications, we store the information provided to us. If you choose not to provide us with information, you will not receive future digital and written communications from us. Personal data is kept indefinitely. If you prefer that we do not store your information, please do not provide us with your information. If you have given us your information and would like us to no longer store it, please call or email us with the contact information provided below.
DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION
Our mobile app features opt-in push notifications that deliver specialized content straight to your phone, as well as opt-in geo-location services that provide location-based services. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services and push notifications. If you keep your location services on while using the Northview app, we collect information about the Wi-Fi routers closest to you and the cell tower IDs nearest you to provide the requested location-based service, but not to identify you.
For those who choose to give their tithe or offering online, we use the company Simple Donation. In order to make the transaction, we must collect your first name, last name, credit card number, credit card expiration date and the credit card security code. Our online giving provider is based in Texas and it may show "Northview Church Stripe, TX" on your bank statement. All of this information is encrypted and meets security standards. If you do not wish for us to have this information, please do not use our online platform to give your tithes and offerings.
HOW WE COLLECT OUR DATA
We also sometimes use web beacons or pixel tags, which are transparent images placed on a webpage to indicate that the page has been viewed, or to tell your browser to get content from another server. They may also tell us when our emails have been opened.
Third Party Services
We work with our third-party service providers (Google, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Website Optimizer, social media ads, Stream Monkey, Rock RMS, Mortar Stone) when automatically collecting information about how our sites are accessed, what they are used for, browser type, device type, operating system, application version, browsing time, page views and features or applications used on the sites. This data helps us understand what our sites are being used for, and how we can update content in order to make it more relevant to all of our users. It also allows us to know who is using our platforms so that we can better market to other similar individuals.
HOW WE USE THE DATA
Northview does not sell, trade, or transfer user information to third parties. The information we collect is used internally in order to improve our website, contact users for marketing or informational purposes and is not shared with third-party organizations except for special circumstances listed below:
- When you authorize such disclosure.
- When verifying your identity.
- In response to your questions, comments or requests.
- In response to local, state or federal law enforcement officials upon request.
- In response to judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order upon request.
- In response to any belief that such disclosure is required by law.
- In response to a physical threat to any individual.
- In the event that we merge with another organization, it is likely that they will receive access to our consumer information.
- In order to provide informational or marketing services, we may utilize a third-party service provider for routine services, such as promotional mailings. In these instances, we provide only the necessary information to ensure the service is delivered. The third-party service provider must sign an agreement to keep our consumer’s information confidential and secure. Upon completion of the service, the third-party must either destroy all provided information or return it to us.
KEEPING DATA SECURE
We take your personal information and data very seriously, which is why we have a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate. This security technology ensures that all data passed between web browsers and web servers remain private and secure. We are diligent in ensuring that our SSL Certificate is always up-to-date and never expires. In addition, we also have security measures in place at all of our physical locations to keep safe the personal data that you have given us. While it is impossible to guarantee 100% security, we have systems to keep your data safe to the best of our abilities.
If you prefer to turn off cookies so that we do not collect your information, locate your web browser’s settings and remove all cookies.
If you would like access to your own personal data that we collect, please contact us through the provided contact information below to receive:
- What personal user information is being used.
- Why the user information is being used.
- Who has access to the user information.
- How user information is being used in automated decisions.
- What processes are using the user information.
Within 30 days, you will receive a copy of your personal information.
We do not collect sensitive, personal data such as race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic or biometric data, or health information to include information regarding mortality and sex life or sexual orientation.
Please use our contact information to request a user-access report, correct any information that we have about you or request the deletion of your personal data.
Our contact information is:
6620 Northview Way
Indianapolis, IN 46220